Thursday, January 6, 2011

Inspiration is everywhere, if you look hard enough...

In my spare time, I find joy in painting things that I am inspired by.
The human body is one of those things that I feel holds true beauty
with lines, curves, and shadows that can easily be conveyed into a
piece of art. I came into painting this human figure as a request from
my mother who wanted a nude art piece for her Christmas gift.
Upon painting her request, I decided to put an abstract twist into the
art work to make it more visually appealing and colorful.

Materials: Acrylic on Canvas
















This second painting came to be after the one above. I loved the concept so much that I wanted to create a mini series of the naked body. This one is more abstract with tons of texture. I plan to a few more to make a collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment